The professional practise of Whitman Abogados covers both preventative legal counselling and litigation. The Alicante firm, in the exercise of it activity, takes care of the different legal areas and stages that may arise in each proceeding.
FIELDS OF WORK:
EU AND NON-EU CITIZENS
In addition to the services mentioned on the page, we offer:
- Full legal assistance
- Advice and management service for the rental and purchase of dwellings in Spain
- An annual service that includes:
- Advice on payment of taxes in Spain
- Assistance at Board of Proprietors’ Meetings
- Home maintenance service
- Contracting utilities
- Proceedings with the Town Hall
- Documentation advice and management to request healthcare in Spain
Our firm offers the possibility of contracting a service consisting in preventive law – both for individuals and companies, on a one-off basis or on retainer – consisting in the legal counsel in any ordinary area of activity for individuals and companies aimed at avoiding subsequent disputes.
- Family Law
- Divorces adapted to the Valencian Law on Shared Custody (Spanish Law 5/2011, of 1st April, from the Generalitat, on family relations of children whose parents do not live together).
- Pre-nuptial agreements.
- Property Law
- Community property
- Horizontal property
- Collection of amounts paid unduly. Fault or negligence.
- Contracts. Purchase and sale. First refusal. Resolutions.
- Property and possession
- Acceptance and rejection of inheritance. Inventories. Partitions.
- Court and out of court transactions
- Banking. Error of consent. Consumers and users. Floor clauses. Swaps. Preferred and subordinate shares
- Actions for payment.
LEGAL DEFENSE OR PRIVATE PROSECUTION OF CRIMES:
- Against Freedom and Sexual Indemnity
- Against Life
- Against Honour
- Against Property
- Against Moral Integrity
- Against Public Health
- Against Traffic Safety
- Against the Environment
- Zoning Crimes
- Family Abandonment
- Criminal Bankruptcy
- Company crime
- Road Safety
- Arbitrary Use of a Right
- Failure to Provide Assistance
- Financial Crimes
- Corporate crime
- Criminal Liability of Corporate Bodies
- Expunging of a Criminal Record
- Workplace harassment
- Domestic violence
- Public Administration’s financial liability lawsuits
- Preliminary claims
- Summary proceedings
- Ordinary proceedings
- Lodging of appeals
- Lodging of recursos de reposición and alzada [types of appeal specific to Spain] and extraordinary requests for judicial review.
- Petition for annulment and voidability
- Incidental pleas.
- Legal counsel and defence for sanctioning proceedings filed by a Public Administration.
- Legal counsel and defence for inspection proceedings filed by the Tax Office.
- Counsel and defence for expropriations
- Legal defence in claims against de facto expropriations
- Legal counsel and defence against just-compensation agreements.
- Legal counsel and defence for the reversal of expropriated land.
- Urban development
- Mediation, Arbitration and Reconciliation Service
- Settlement claims.
- Advice and drafting of lawsuits.
- Court assistance.
- Lodging of appeals.
- Monetary claims. Overtime, travel allowances, etc.
- Drafting of employment contracts
- Legal counsel and defence for substantial modifications to employment conditions.
- Legal counsel and defence in matters relating to functional and geographical mobility.
- Counsel, filing of a claim and defence relating to workplace harassment.
- Advice relating to allowances, holidays, etc.
- Legal defence in redundancies.
- Legal defence for judgement enforcements.
- Advice on disability and retirement and widow pension requests.
- Legal defence in disability claim proceedings.
- Advice, drafting and filing of appeals against rejections of any type of provision.
- Advice, assistance and legal defence in workplace accident issues.
- Legal advice and claims against the Wage Guarantee Fund.
MARITIME, CUSTOMS AND PORT LAW
- Advice, claim and legal defence relating to civil liability of ports and port operators
- Legal advice, assistance and drafting of lease and purchase agreements for recreational vessels and yachts.
- Advice, claim and legal defence for matters relating to claims for damages deriving from unjustified cargo withholdings.
- Legal defence and claims against agents and stevedores.
- Legal defence in matters relating to civil liability.
- Advice, mediation and legal assistance against embargos and arrest of recreational vessels and yachts.
- Legal advice on matters relating to the legal status of the business owner or tradesperson.
- Advice and legal defence in matters relating to business owner liability.
- Advice, legal action and defence in matters relating to free competition and unfair competition.
- Legal advice on matters relating to industrial property. Brands, patents and utility patents.
- Legal advice on corporate, foundation, dissolution, internal operation, merger and split matters.
- Legal counsel and defence in matters deriving from commercial obligations and agreements (commercial sales, agency agreements, commission agreements, online businesses, publicity contracts).
- Advice and legal defence in bringing suits relating to banking and insurance law.
- Legal advice regarding insolvency, bankruptcy and suspension of payments.
- Advice, claim and legal defence on claims deriving from transport agreements.
- Advice on jurisdictional competency matters.
- Legal advice on matters relating to the hiring, transfer and sale of athletes.
- Assistance, legal defence and advice on contracts relating to the use of image rights and sponsorship.
- Legal advice on the taxation of athletes.
- Assistance and legal defence on matters relating to doping – both administrative and criminal.
- Advice, assistance and legal defence on sanctions by sport discipline bodies – both national and international.
- Representation of athletes and legal advice on contract negotiations with sports bodies and limited liability companies.
- Intellectual Property
- New Technologies
- Occupational hazard prevention assessment
- Property valuation assessment